I am not much of a cook, but I do really enjoy baking. It has been so hot here lately I haven't wanted to add heat with the oven, so I have put off the urge to bake. Today was a day of on-off again rain, a bit cooler and felt like the perfect day to finally bake something.
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz cooked or canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease two (9x5 inch) loaf pans or three (8x4 inch) loaf pans.
- 3Mix flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl; set aside.
- 4Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, and 2/3 cup water together and stir into dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Place batter in prepared pans.
- 6Bake 60 or 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keep in mind this recipe will make a large amount of bread. I made one large loaf and muffins. Jake and I cut one muffin up, taste tested it, and now the muffins are going to Jake's work tomorrow and our fellow boaters at the dock.
This was a winner of a recipe. Check it out. They are delicious!